Last weekend was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life”, This was the testimony of one of the leaders in our ‘missionary for a day’ team. We saw thousands of people surrendering their hearts to Jesus in the streets, people from every walk of life who needed a change.In the hubbub of parks, public squares and walkways, many cried and opened up their hearts. It was as if Jesus Himself was walking through, bringing the message of hope. We took photos using a heart photo frame and gave people heart balloons, but this was simply an excuse to tell people about the Greatest Love.
Without a doubt, being chosen to be part of the ‘missionary for a day’team was both a huge privilege and a great responsibility. As a team, we needed to:
1. PREPARE OURSELVES SPIRITUALLY
* We spent 52 days praying and fasting for this great challenge
2. UNDERSTAND THE CALL OF GOD TO GO AND BE A MISSIONARY
* We did not go just for the sake of it or to see the
3. TRAIN OURSELVES IN EVANGELISM AND STRATEGIES FOR WINNING
* We put these into practice in our own cities so that we could then us them farther afield.
4. BE WILLING TO SOW OUR TIME, KNOWLEDGE AND RESOURCES
5. BE FILLED WITH LOVE AND COMPASSION FOR THE PEOPLE OF THAT CITY
Being given the opportunity to be part of this project helped me understand that when we prepare ourselves, making every effort to give our best in an evangelistic activity, we will see supernatural results.
When we saw 1 400 people, one by one, receive Christ in their hearts in just one day, I remembered that the Lord said:
“Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest” (John 4:35). And we really did go and reap the harvest!
Jahems Ordóñez · MCI Pastor